Oregon & Washington (even to Canada!)

Well, here it is... August and I am fully back on the road and loving it! In case you hadn't heard... I LOVE my life!!! Dang, this is so much fun! Here are some phots and notes of my journey through the month.


Bird Track Springs Campground

Three days tucked away in this little campground - a little piece of heaven!
This is how I know where I was... DUH!

It may look like I was surrounded by trees... OKAY, I was surrounded by trees, VERY TALL trees! I was positioned perfectly to get plenty of solar most of the day. Loving my solar system!

What a GREAT LIFE!
Dungeness Recreation Area


Camping at this beautiful Wild Life Refuge in Sequim, WA



Visiting Tacoma WA



Beautiful Park in Tacoma

Breakfast at "Little Jerry's Breakfast & Burgers" - lots of great memorabilia from the Jerry Seinfeld show!
Love this one!

Visiting Vancouver, BC

While staying in Sequim, WA we visited Vancouver, BC. Our party of 3 went to a Butterfly Garden with these adorable performing parrots.




The scary "New River Poison Dart Frog"



The Butchart Gardens









Sunset as we return to Port Angeles via the ferry
Shimmering Port Angeles...

Astoria & the Washington State International Kite Festival
Spent a few days in Astoria, OR and went to the 35 year running play - "Shaghaied in Astoria". I have no idea or memory of what or where this photo was taken...
YIKES! Who is that idiot???
The week long Washington State International Kite Festival was held in Long Beach, WA, just 15 miles from Astoria. I went on Saturday and Sunday AND... got myself a new kite! Fun! Fun! Fun!



Cape Meares State Park & Tillamook OR

Yup... it's the Pacific Ocean...

I think they called this the Octopus Tree (or something like that).
I tried flying my new kite on this big open beach but the wind was very unpredictable changing direction 180ยบ from one minute to the next!

Cruising around down town Tillamook with my buddy, Charlie on an afternoon... we stop into the Pacific Restaurant and spoke with the owner about playing music. She gave me a choice of nights for the up-coming weekend. I took Friday night and a whole bunch of WINs came out in support. The restaurant was a top-notch place with excellent food, beyond what I would have expected. Downtown was crawling with people that night (Friday, August 30th) for the Moonlight Madness event. I played for 4 hours and a bunch of the WINs took to dancing, as is their delight... some of them stayed until the end of my gig at 10 o'clock... way past their bedtime! What a wonderful venue and terrific owners - Nelia and Philip... and the patrons of the restaurant were generous with their tips... and WINs who supported me for the entire gig. Special thanks goes to Charlie Savior for providing vocals and lead guitar on a number of songs. It was a terrific night!

That's all for August my dears... Check out my blog for September as I start to head (in a hurry) south for warmer weather.

AND... Thanks for following! You ARE following... right??? Please, tell me you subscribed to follow my blog...

OH.. and COMMENTS! Please! Please! Please! Leave a comment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Gigs & Getting Ready for the Next Journey

What Happen in September?

California Finally!