Adventures in Utah

Paradise??? Arrived at Paradise RV Park in Panguitch, UT on Monday afternoon, May 13th. Don't be fooled by the name... it was quite the opposite of "paradise". I found the WIN group a little after 5PM having their daily afternoon meeting and planning for the next day. There must have been a chill in the air as I felt no warmth at all in the room. I left the meeting scratching my head and wondering why I'm here.

Bryce Canyon... Oh MY!

The next day I arrived on time at the WINs 9AM meeting (referred to as Mugs And Hugs). When I responded to taking the shuttle tour through Bryce Canyon, this gorgeous young woman, LyndaJoy said that she wanted to do that also. Sooooo... we went together and we had a wonderful time viewing and walking along the rim of the canyon in this breath taking National Park! Absolutely at the top of my list! Here are a few photos of the colorful and amazing scenery.















Capital Reef National Park

We stayed on BLM land for dispersed camping just outside of the park. Although it was a little tricky getting in, once I arrived and parked my rig, the views were amazing. A lot more people showed up at this location to join this circuit. After seeing Bryce Canyon, I was very unimpressed with Capital Reef but LyndaJoy and I spent most everyday together, and that was the most fun!








WalMart, Price UT

Many of us stayed at this Walmart overnight on our way to Duchesne due to some serious storms rolling through the area. LyndaJoy and I ate dinner at this funky restaurant called Tangerine Eatery

Starvation... ahhh, a State Park!

Rabbit Gulch Campground was along Starvation Reservior in Duchesne, UT. I had a nice location up high off the water, over looking the lake. It was cold and raining most of the time. 

I have been able to confirm with absolute certainty that no one can forecast the weather in Utah... not the TV stations, not the radio stations, not the online websites, not any of the weather apps on smart phones! They don't even know what the weather is at the present time. So planning when to travel or where to go can be difficult.

Dinosaur National Monument




Petroglyphs


LyndaJoy and I stayed at Outlaw Trails RV Park for the 6 days visiting the Dinosaur National Monument.

Trail to Moonshine Arch
Moonshine Flowers???
Moonshine Woman??? Nooo... that's LyndaJoy!
View from Arch toward Vernal, UT

The group is moving to Flaming Gorge on the 29th... WOOHOO!

Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area

On May 29th we traveled to Dutch John, Utah and setup at the Dripping Springs Campground. I am astounded by the area and how much there is to see here. Take a look at these photos:
Dripping Springs Campground

Morning hike along the Green River

Flaming Gorge Dam

Gopher Snake wrapped around my ankle on my morning hike...  YIKES!

Big Horn Sheep at Red Canyon

Lightning strikes on the top of the mountain leave their mark on trees.

Beautiful tiny red flower at the mountain top.
View of the reservoir from the Red Canyon Rim

Close up of baby pine cone

Red Canyon
Today, May 31st, the group went to the Red Canyon to hike the rim and then to the Cedar Springs Marina. We had dinner at Snags Bar & Grill, the areas only floating bar & grill right on the reservoir. I spoke with the manager about performing this coming weekend and so I have my first gig on this journey tomorrow night. WOOHOO!

Also, tomorrow morning LyndaJoy and I are moving to the Canyon Rim Campground at Red Canyon where we saw the Long Horn Sheep.

So... that ends the month. Stay tuned for June's travel adventures and thanks for following and reading my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Gigs & Getting Ready for the Next Journey

What Happen in September?

California Finally!