North to Grand Teton National Park

Last Days in Dutch John
LyndaJoy and I moved to Canyon Rim CG on the first of June which was considerably higher but right on the rim of this amazing Red Canyon.


Beautiful view from the edge of the canyo... AHHHHHHHH!
Lightning strike
Fields of these bright yellow flowers along the hiking trail
Horse back riding... YUP!

Cedar Springs Marina - Snag Bar & Grill




After dinner on Friday night (6/1/19), I spoke with the manager, Stacy about performing. She brought me in on Saturday and a large table of WINs came and had dinner. That WINS were very engaged, singing along, and dancing on the tables! YIKES! 
I was planning to play another 30 minutes after they left around 6 o'clock, but the place filled up at 6:30, so I ended up staying until closing at 8PM. What a BLAST! One of the very BEST gigs I've ever had!


Kemmerer
Fontenelle Recreation Area - Kemmerer, WY
Petrified Wood Treasures found at the Blue Forest

Grand Teton National ParkThe entire group arrived at Gros Ventre Campground on June 11th and stayed for about a week. 


Teton Mountains from across Jackson Lake








After LindaJoy and I had dinner at the Silver Dollar Bar on Thursday, we walked around downtown Jackson to check our some of the live music. We walked over to the Smokin' Iron Bar & Grill (Google indicated it was open) - it wasn't! There was a large sign in front - "Live Music auditions - Saturday at 1PM". I figured it would be fun just to do the audition, thinking it wouldn't amount to anything... and just keep on traveling with the WIN group. But... to my surprise... it turned into a gig for the season after performing on Saturday, their opening night! 

So my travel plans have been significantly altered. I moved into town, staying at a place about 2 blocks from the Smokin' Iron Bar & Grill. I'm scheduled to perform every night from 6 to 10 PM through the end of the season in September. It's an outdoor venue that's very cool with fire pits and a relaxing fun atmosphere.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Gigs & Getting Ready for the Next Journey

What Happen in September?

California Finally!