Stuck? In Jackson Hole, WY

Jackson Hole, WY

Here I am... I could say "stuck", but I'm not stuck at all! I am having a blast here! The Hotel Jackson / Smokin' Iron Bar & Grill offered me the opportunity to perform through the summer season. That evolved into managing the entertainment/music program and scheduling other musicians to perform. That's giving me some time to relax, enjoy the area more and not burn out. Cool thing is that people request some great songs, that I sometimes don't have, so I'm adding 2 or 3 new cover songs everyday.

I get around town most everyday on my bike. Yesterday I rode through the National Elk Refuge and it was a beautiful ride through some gorgeous country.




Everything's Uncertain

Is been a roller coaster ride here in Jackson... with performing at the Smokin' Iron Bar & Grill. Management issues and conflicts, bad weather, scheduling, and WHERE ARE THE CUSTOMERS??? With all the chaos and uncertainty, I'm not sure if I'll be staying here or moving on. I'm good either way because I'm absolutely loving my life right now! Questioning what's happening and recognizing that nothing is for sure... from one week, one day, one moment to the next. There are no guarantees... nothing is for sure. So... out of that, I've written the song "Uncertainty". The following link will open the file at my Soundcloud page.

Uncertainty at SoundCloud

Last Days in Jackson Hole

It's the end of the road for this gig in Jackson WY. It didn't work out as advertised or near anything I had financially planned for. I'll be getting back-on-the-road at the end of July. I am very much looking forward to getting back with the WIN group, hoping to catch up to them at Mt Rainer National Park, WA.




Wednesday night, July 24th, a group of folks came in, mostly from upper state New York. Boy, did we have a great time! Here's a video compilation of some of the fun we had.



I've got 2 more nights of playing at the Smokin' Iron Bar & Grill - this coming Saturday and Sunday. After that, I'm back on the road heading to Washington state to catch with the WINs. I'm very much looking forward to it!

Craters of the Moon National Monument - Lava Flow Campground

On the ROAD again! YEAAAAHHH!!! It was an experience to perform most every night of the week and stay in Jackson Hole... for SURE! My first stop (overnight) was at the Craters of the Moon National Monument in Arco, ID. Love this Senior Golden Pass card - half price camping and free admission to all National Parks and Campgrounds. I might have stayed longer but it was all kinda like this...
Like camping on the moon! Just Beautiful! HUH???

Sawtooth National Forest - Sun Vally, ID

I ended July staying in the Sawtooth National Forest. Now this is more like it...

and this...
I'm out in the middle of everywhere!
Okay... that's enough of July. I've got some catching up to do. I didn't realize that there was ANYBODY watching this blog. If there are no comments... I have no way of knowing if anyone even cares. PLEASE, add your email to follow this blog. Then I'd know you care. Oh... WHAT? You don't know of you CARE enough to give up your email address to follow my wild adventures? Com'on... DO IT!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Gigs & Getting Ready for the Next Journey

What Happen in September?

California Finally!